Skips to main content
Student Life

Disability Modifications

Ensign College provides reasonable academic modifications for students with disabilities according to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. You will need to self-identify and provide proper documentation in order to receive academic modifications. The type of documentation required is determined by the individual and the nature of the disability.

Likewise, modifications are individualized to ensure that all students have equal access to Ensign College’s educational and administrative services and programs. There is no predetermined list of modifications for any particular disability. Needs are determined through an interactive process that begins during your intake interview with the disability services representative. Modification decisions are based on the impact of your disability, any relevant academic policies and an assessment of the essential outcomes of a course or program of study.

Temporary medical conditions such as broken limbs, surgery, flu and pregnancy are not usually considered disabilities. However, you may visit with a disability services representative to brainstorm options for handling specific situations. Disability services (e.g. note taker or exam reader/scribe) may be considered, but documentation from the treating physician will be required to continue the intake process.


Ensign College Student Development Center
95 North 300 West Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Fax: 801-524-1900
Phone: 801-524-8151

Have a question? Our Virtual Assistant may be able to help.