Skips to main content

New Students

We're happy that you have chosen to study at Ensign College - welcome! This page reviews a few things you'll need to know about being an international student here.


As an international student, you'll need an I-20 in order to apply for an F1 Student Visa. Once you are admitted to the College you should receive an email containing instructions on how to obtain this I-20. To learn more, please read our policy below.

Ensign College-Policy-Icon-1.svg
Once you have been admitted to Ensign College, you will be sent an email with all the instructions on how to obtain an I-20. You will be directed to click on a link...

Read More
father with daughter
To make sure you can be financially secure during your time as a student, you'll need to take steps to secure a sponsor. Your sponsor can be a family member, a friend or a benefactor who is willing to invest in your success should you need it. This includes verifying that you will have the money required to support yourself while you study in the United States. With limited opportunities for scholarships and employment as an F-1 visa student, the U.S. government wants to know that you'll be able to pay your rent, eat every day, pay tuition on time, and study without any hardships.

Affidavit of Support
Ensign College-Policy-Icon-1.svg
An international student is required to submit an Affidavit of Support from a sponsor who is willing to financially support the international student while in he/she is in school.

Read More
female student holding jar of money
Another layer of financial security is your International Student Deposit. Your deposit gives you a leg up until you can get your feet under you. This cushion allows you to acclimate to the U.S. before you start exploring the possibility of an on-campus job.
Ensign College-Policy-Icon-1.svg
An international student who is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is required to pay $5,000 USD. An international student who is not a member of the...

Read More


International student check-in is a great way for us to start getting to know our students. Plus, it's the law. So plan on checking in with the ISO within five days of the start of your first semester. Learn what you need to bring by reading the policy below.

Ensign College-Policy-Icon-1.svg
An international student must report to the Ensign College ISO within 5 days of the start of his/her first semester. This is called International Student Check In. You must...

Read More


Feel free to contact the International Student Office at, or 801-524-8142.

Have a question? Our Virtual Assistant may be able to help.

Close Modal