The LDSBC Career Services team supports and guides students to build resumes and secure employment, either on- or off-campus. Here are a few pointers and tips from Career Services to help students find jobs on-campus:
- Have a good resume targeted for that job
- Network with the people who are hiring
- Keep an eye on the job board
- Give a good impression
- Practice interview skills; watch the “Acing Your Interview” video on lynda.com
- Dress for success
- Write a thank you note after the interview
- Follow-up with the interviewer
- Show that you’re interested
Career Services offers workshops throughout the semester to help students build a professional network and prepare for interviewing and landing the right job. The workshops are listed under the Dashboard section in Canvas.
Students seeking individual help can schedule an appointment with a Career Services team member for help in a one-on-one setting.
Contact Career Services at 801-524-1925 or email@example.com.