LDS Business College became the latest school of higher education to participate in the ElevateHER Challenge, sponsored by the Women’s Leadership Institute.
“There is a new urgency of women’s leadership,” Patricia Jones, CEO of the Women’s Leadership Institute, said. “Companies in all industries are seeing the need to attract, hire and promote female employees.”
Since 2015 more than 225 companies and organizations across Utah have committed to the ElevateHER Challenge and are creating change in their organization, collectively helping the Women’s Leadership Institute elevate the talents of women in business and in politics.
The ElevateHER Challenge encourages companies and organizations to focus on creating internal change in at least one of six areas:
- Increase the percentage of women in senior leadership positions
- Increase the retention rate of women at all levels of your organization
- Increase the number of women on your board of directors
- Monitor pay by gender and close identified gaps
- Establish a leadership development, mentoring and/or sponsorship programs for women
- Recruit women to run for public office
In 2019, 34 more companies and organizations joined the ElevateHER Challenge, bringing the total involved to 229. For a complete list, visit: wliut.com/companies-taking-challenge.