IF YOU NEED ON-CAMPUS EMERGENCY HELP NOW, CALL 801-240-2771.
We are committed to fostering a safe and secure environment for everyone on campus—student or otherwise. To that end, we’ve collected all of the safety information you might need below.
This page provides the following tools:
- A brief summary of security policies on the Ensign College campus
- Contact information for reporting incidents or suspicious persons/situations
- A link to a comprehensive report on campus security (which includes the full security policy and lists some on-campus resources)
Please join us in encouraging campus security by taking the time to review and make use of these resources.
Our goal is to promote a safe, loving culture of learning where students feel emboldened to discover their true potential.
SECURITY POLICY OVERVIEW
As at any location, good personal safety habits can help protect you from harm. These policies and tips provided can help you stay safe on and off campus.
- Remain alert to your surroundings.
- Do not put yourself at risk by walking alone, particularly at night or in less-traveled areas.
- Utilize public transportation, travel with friends you know well, and keep others informed of your whereabouts.
- Promptly report suspicious incidents, activities, or persons to the police or to the Church Security Department (CSD).
We understand that there are some situations that can't be prevented or handled by yourself. If you feel like you are in danger or need someone from security to help, please call 801-240-2771.
For emergency on-campus incidents, the CSD is available all day every day.
- From any telephone: 801-240-2771
- From any Ensign College campus telephone: 2-2771
- From any telephone: 801-240-2661
- From any Ensign College campus telephone: 2-2661
Crime or suspicious incidents occurring off-campus should be reported directly to the Salt Lake City Police Department (SLCPD) by dialing 911 (emergency) or 801-799-3000 (non-emergency). Crimes reported to CSD will be relayed to the SLCPD, which conducts criminal investigations.
The Annual Security Disclosure Report (see link below) is intended to provide students and employees with information concerning personal safety and College policies, and to comply with the disclosure requirements of the Clery Act.