Commencement is the ceremony that celebrates the completion of your degree or certificate. Graduates who choose to participate in commencement are recognized with family and friends in a special ceremony at the Tabernacle on Temple Square. You can learn more about commencement here.
REQUIREMENTS TO RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OR DIPLOMA
- Review your Degree Audit to make sure it’s complete. Contact
Student Success Advising
with any questions.
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0, unless otherwise required.
- Have a current ecclesiastical endorsement.
- Have no holds or past due financial balances with Ensign College.
- Pay the Graduation Fee
- Complete the Graduation Survey
WHEN TO APPLY
You can apply for graduation in the semester you intend to complete your program. For example, if you wish to graduate at the end of winter semester, you can apply when winter registration opens. The application must be submitted by the appropriate deadline:
|Graduation Application Deadline
|Fall 2023 Semester
|November 13, 2023
|Winter 2024 Semester
|March 11, 2024
|Spring 2024 Semester
|June 24, 2024
1. Apply for graduation through MyEnsign
- Once in MyEnsign, go to Self-Service > Degree Progress/Graduation > Apply for Graduation
3. Pay $15 graduation fee through the Cashier’s Office (801-524-8153).
AFTER YOU APPLY
Your graduation application is reviewed by the Registrar’s Office. If you are missing any requirements or do not qualify for graduation, you will be contacted through email within a few weeks of the application deadline.
Please check your Ensign College email for updates.
Diplomas are available once requirements and grades are officially verified, usually 4-6 weeks after final grades are posted.
- An electronic version of your diploma will be sent to your assigned Ensign College email address.
- A paper copy is then sent to the address listed with Ensign College within 7-10 business days of the electronic version becoming available. (Timing may vary for international mailing.)
- Your full legal name (middle name included) is printed on the diploma.
- A diploma reprint (which includes both an electronic and paper version) is $10 and can be requested using the
Diploma Reprint Request Form
. A paper copy will then be sent to the address listed on MyEnsign.
Graduate with Honors
You qualify for graduating with Honors if your cumulative GPA is 3.70 or higher. If you meet this GPA requirement, be sure to include an Honors tassel when you order your cap and gown.
For more information please refer to the "Graduation Honors" section of our
Ensign Connect is the online network for Ensign College students and alumni. Alumni can network with other alumni and current students, and use our exclusive job board to post internships and jobs. This job board allows you a “warm introduction” to employment opportunities in our alumni network and with our preferred employer partners.
You can also help mentor the rising generation of Ensign College students by answering their questions, giving them feedback on their resumes, and helping them with their career questions.