Graduation Friday April 8th 10 AM at the Tabernacle on Temple Square
Livestream Also Available
REQUIREMENTS TO RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OR DIPLOMA
- Review your Degree Audit to make sure it’s complete. Contact
Student Success Advising
with any questions.
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0, unless otherwise required.
- Have a current ecclesiastical endorsement.
- Have no holds or past due financial balances with Ensign College.
WHEN TO APPLY
You can apply for graduation in the semester you intend to complete your program. For example, if you wish to graduate at the end of winter semester, you can apply when winter registration opens. The application must be submitted by the appropriate deadline:
|Completing Program||Graduation Application Deadline|
|Winter 2022 Semester||March 8, 2022|
|Spring 2022 Semester||June 20, 2022|
|Fall 2022 Semester||November 15, 2022|
1. Apply for graduation through MyEnsign
- Once in MyEnsign, go to Self-Service > Degree Progress/Graduation > Apply for Graduation.
3. Pay $15 graduation fee through the Cashier’s Office (801-524-8153).
AFTER YOU APPLY
Your graduation application is reviewed by the Registrar’s Office. If you are missing any requirements or do not qualify for graduation, you will be contacted through email within a few weeks of the application deadline.
Please check your Ensign College email for updates.
Diplomas are available once requirements and grades are officially verified, usually 4-6 weeks after final grades are posted.
- An electronic version of your diploma will be sent to your assigned Ensign College email address.
- A paper copy is then sent to the address listed with Ensign College within 10 days of the electronic version becoming available. (Timing may vary for international mailing.)
- Your full legal name is printed on the diploma.
- A diploma reprint (which includes both an electronic and paper version) is $10 and can be requested using the
Diploma Reprint Request Form
. A paper copy will then be sent to the address listed on MyEnsign.
Graduate with Honors
You qualify for graduating with Honors if your cumulative GPA is 3.70 or higher. If you meet this GPA requirement, be sure to include an Honors tassel when you order your cap and gown.
For more information please refer to the "Graduation Honors" section of our
GRADUATION: CELEBRATE YOUR ENSIGN SUCCESS
Here are the 2022 dates to know for graduation and end-of-semester celebrations!
- Graduation Applications - Due Tuesday, March 8
- Graduation Fair - Friday, March 11, 8:30 AM – 5 PM, Commons/MPR
- Award Ceremony - Thursday, April 7, 7 -7:45 PM, MPR
- Ensign College Schoolwide Celebration & Dance - April 7, 8- 10 PM, Commons/MPR
- Commencement Graduate Check-in - Friday, April 8, 8 AM, Assembly Hall on Temple Square
- Commencement Ceremony- Friday, April 8, 10 AM, Tabernacle on Temple Square
Completing a Certificate, Associates or Bachelors? The application deadline for Winter Graduation is March 8. Fill out the application in MyEnsign. Pay $15 at the Cashier’s office and fill out the survey.
Cap, gown, and tassel are required for walking at Commencement. These are available for purchase at the Grad Fair. Additionally, we are offering LinkedIn photos, so come dressed in professional attire. There will also be career resources and mentoring available offered by Career and Internship Services. Ensign College memorabilia will be available for purchase. If you are unable to attend, you may purchase your cap and gown at the Outpost.
Each department chooses outstanding students to recognize their leadership and service. Come see why these students shine and let’s celebrate their success. Light refreshments will be served.
Ensign College Schoolwide Celebration & Dance - April 7, 8- 10 PM, Commons/MPR
Schoolwide dance to celebrate the end of the semester! Bring your friends, and let’s have some fun!
Graduates will be meeting at the Assembly Hall to check in for Commencement. Please arrive at 8 AM. There will be signs letting you know where to go. Come in Sunday attire. All students need to be Honor Code compliant (Men: clean-shaven, short hair. Women: modest dress). Please do not bring coats, bags, purses, balloons, or any personal items. Only Honor Cords are allowed –no leis.
Commencement Ceremony - Friday, April 8, 10 AM, Tabernacle on Temple Square
Guests, please plan on being in your seat half-hour prior to the event. Space is limited. We will be following all Temple Square requirements. Please do not bring balloons. Please help us maintain a reverent atmosphere at this event.
Accommodations - If you or your guests needs any accommodations, please contact Grayson Layton at email@example.com.
Commencement Parking – Parking will be available at Ensign College as well as at City Creek.
Ensign Connect is the online network for Ensign College students and alumni. Alumni can network with other alumni and current students, and use our exclusive job board to post internships and jobs. This job board allows you a “warm introduction” to employment opportunities in our alumni network and with our preferred employer partners.
You can also help mentor the rising generation of Ensign College students by answering their questions, giving them feedback on their resumes, and helping them with their career questions.