Commencement exercises for 2021 will be held virtually. A limited graduation ceremony will be broadcast here: ensign.link/commencement
Diplomas, programs, a cap and tassel, and a small gift will be mailed to each graduate.
Additionally, the 2021 Graduate Celebration will be virtually held live.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
GRADUATION VS. COMMENCEMENT
All students must apply for graduation ($15) in order to receive a diploma from Ensign College. This is separate from participating in Commencement. Commencement is where graduates are recognized with family and friends in a special ceremony at the Tabernacle on Temple Square.
There is no cost to participate in Commencement, however, you must have a cap and gown (either purchased, rented, or borrowed from friends/family) to walk for an in-person event. Diplomas are not given during live Commencement exercises--a diploma cover is given with the diploma mailed out to all graduates at a later date.
CHECKLIST TO GRADUATE:
- Apply for graduation through MyEnsign
- Complete Graduation Survey
- Pay the $15 Graduation Fee
- Collapse your Academic Requirement report. See your Student Success Advisor for details.
- Maintain a current Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- Maintain no registration holds
- Complete 50% of coursework at Ensign College required for your degree
CHECKLIST TO COMMENCE:
- Graduated with your degree following the Spring 2021 or Fall 2021 Semester, or will graduate Winter 2022 or Spring 2022 Semester
- Note: If you graduate Spring 2021, your name will appear in the 2022 Commencement program as opposed to this year's program
- For live Commencement exercises, order your cap and gown at the Graduation Fair at the Outpost--contact the bookstore with any questions
- Let the Registration Office know if accommodations are needed for you or your guests--email firstname.lastname@example.org
- During live Commencement exercises, show up at the Tabernacle at 8:30 a.m. at Door 24 (Northwest entrance). Do not bring any bags or coats--leave them with your guests.
- Commencement begins at 10 a.m.
- Attend the Graduate Celebration (check email for details)
WHEN TO APPLY
You can apply for graduation in the semester you complete your program, as soon as registration opens. For example, if you wish to graduate at the end of Winter Semester, you can apply when winter registration opens.
Review all deadlines in the academic calendar .
HOW TO APPLY
Current students may apply for graduation via MyEnsign . In addition to completing the graduation application, you'll also need to:
- Pay the $15 Graduation Fee. This can be done online or over the phone through the Cashier’s Office.
- Have a current Ecclesiastical Endorsement.
- Resolve any holds on your registration or transcripts.
- Satisfy all sections of your Academic Requirements Report in MyEnsign .
For more details about what's needed, please review the "Graduation Requirements" section of our Graduation Policy .
Former students may request assistance in applying for graduation by emailing email@example.com .
Graduate with Honors
You qualify for graduating with Honors if your cumulative GPA is 3.70 or higher. If you meet this GPA requirement, be sure to include an Honors tassel when you order your cap and gown.
For more information please refer to the "Graduation Honors" section of our Graduation Policy
If you are unable to attend the graduation fair, cap and gowns may be purchased at the Bookstore leading up to Commencement.
A reception follows with food, music, and a dance put on for the entire student body. More information on the graduate celebration can be found advertised on campus in the weeks leading up to the event.
Your name will be included in the Commencement program that occurs after the semester you graduate, not necessarily in the Commencement in which you march. Your family and friends are welcome to attend formal Commencement exercises.
|Graduation Application||Invited to participate in Commencement|
|Spring 2021||April 2021 or April 2022|
|Fall 2021||April 2022|
|Winter 2022||April 2022|
|Spring 2022||April 2022 or April 2023|
|Fall 2022||April 2023|
For more information, please refer to the "Attendance at Commencement" section of our Graduation Policy .
Your diploma will be mailed to you once graduation has been verified, using the mailing address in MyEnsign .
- Diplomas can be mailed only after all requirements have been completed and verified, 6-8 weeks after final grades are posted.
- Your full legal name will be printed on the diploma
- Diploma reprints are available using the Diploma Reprint Request Form . The cost for reprinting is $10.00, and will take 30-60 days.
For more information please refer to the "Name on Diploma" and "Diploma Reprint/Reissue Policy" sections of our Graduation Policy .
To take advantage of the Alumni Brush Up, you must be admitted to the college. After you are admitted, fill out the Alumni Brush-Up Course Request form .