Dates and Deadlines
|June 1, 2023
|November 1, 2023
|March 1, 2024
|Last Day to Add to a Waitlist
|September 17, 2023
|January 14, 2024
|April 28, 2024
|Last day to Add Courses
|September 18, 2023
|January 15, 2024
|April 29, 2024
|Last Day to Drop (with no 'W' grade)
|October 3, 2023
|January 30, 2024
|May 14, 2024
|Last Day to Drop (with 'W' grade)
|November 6, 2023
|March 4, 2024
|June 17, 2024
THINGS TO KNOW
Toggle ItemWaitlistsDid you know that even if a course is full, you may have the option to be placed on the waitlist through MyEnsign? Once on the list, if a seat opens up you’ll be notified via email and automatically added to the class. Please keep in mind that all registration errors and holds must be resolved before you can be added from the waitlist.
Make sure to avoid these common registration errors:
- You are already registered for another section of that class
- There is a hold on your account
- The waitlist class has a time conflict with another class on your schedule
- You have not met the prerequisites for this class
- The course will put you in overload status for the semester (you cannot exceed 18 credits in a semester)
- The course has specific requirements such as needing instructor's permission
To read our full waitlist policy, click here .
Toggle ItemAttendance in ClassDid you know that you can be dropped from a course if you don’t attend the first week of classes? Take a minute to familiarize yourself with this and other attendance requirements by reading the policy below.
Attendance and Absence from Class Policy
Attendance on the Last Day of Class Policy
Withdrawal from Courses Policy (due to lack of attendance)
Toggle ItemDropping or Withdrawing from a ClassMake sure you know the deadlines! Check the academic calendar for the last day to add a class in each semester. There are two dates you need to know:
- Last day to drop – Dropping by this date means the course won't show up on your transcript, but check with the Cashier's Office about getting a refund.
- Last day to withdraw – Dropping by this date means the course will show up on your transcript with a W. This will not have any effect on your Ensign College GPA, but you may owe a portion of tuition.
Withdrawal from Courses Policy
Toggle ItemWithdrawing from the CollegeYou probably know that you can withdraw from the College, but did you know that you can also be discontinued after missing two-consecutive semesters? Be sure to familiarize yourself with the tuition and financial aid implications of withdrawal, and if you are an international student, visit with the International Student Center.
Withdrawing from the College can be done in the following ways:
- Withdraw or drop all classes through MyEnsign through the drop deadline.
- Submit a request form with signature authorizing the Office of the Registrar to withdraw all courses through the drop deadline. The official date of withdrawal will be the date written notification is received by the College.
Withdrawal From the College Policy
Toggle ItemRepeating CoursesYou should seriously consider repeating a course if you did not receive a satisfactory grade (C or higher) towards your program and graduation requirements. Certain eligibility requirements will apply, including financial aid. Please be aware that Ensign College courses cannot be replaced by equivalent courses from other institutions.
Repeating Courses Policy
Toggle ItemAuditing a Course
Toggle ItemLeave of AbsenceEmergency Leave of Absence
In the event of unusual circumstances such as serious illness or injury, you may be eligible for a leave of absence from your program of study.
To qualify for a leave, you'll need to do the following:
- Submit a formal request for leave using the Exception to Academic Policy form .
- If the leave is for illness or injury, you'll need a doctor’s statement confirming your inability to continue school at the present time.
- If you are on financial aid, you'll need to submit copies of the form, doctor’s statement, and decision of the Appeals Committee to the Financial Aid Office for inclusion in your financial aid file.
- If the leave period expires before you return to school, you will be withdrawn effective the date the leave was granted. You may only obtain one leave during a 12- month period.
Leave of Absence
Students can request a leave of absence for mission or military service for up to seven semesters and hold their enrollment while serving. A student is eligible if they have registered for and completed Ensign College courses, have a current Ecclesiastical Endorsement, and are free of all financial or academic holds.
For more information on submitting a leave of absence request for mission or military service, see here.