Skips to main content

Transfer Evaluation

Considering transferring to or from Ensign College? Learn about how the College manages test and transfer credit.

TRANSFER TO Ensign College

Did you take concurrent enrollment in high school or are you transferring to Ensign College? Here’s what you need to know:

  1. Official transcripts from all colleges or universities should be sent to Ensign College.
  2. Once you are admitted to Ensign College, transfer credit from your transcripts will be evaluated.
  3. If a course didn’t transfer as expected, you can complete the Transfer Credit Request form and attach a course description for another review.
  4. International college credit is not automatically reviewed. To request a review, complete the Transfer Credit Request form and attach a course description translated into English.
Ensign College generally accepts college-level transfer credits from regionally-accredited colleges and universities. Courses from institutions that are not regionally-accredited are generally not transferable to Ensign College except in circumstances where there is an articulation agreement with a specific institution and program.

Read More


Test credit includes Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), course challenge examinations, and industry certifications.

  • Please send official score reports or official transcripts with scores to the Registration Office.
  • Credit will be awarded as follows:

Advanced Placement (AP)

High school students may earn Ensign College credit by scoring 3 or higher on the Advanced Placement tests listed below.

AP ExamAP Test ScoreEnsign College Credit HoursEnsign College GE Fulfilled
Art History3, 4, 53Fine Arts Distribution
Studio Art Drawing (portfolio required)3, 4, 53Fine Arts Distribution
Biology3, 4, 53Life Science
Calculus AB *3, 4, 57Math 110, 111
Calculus BC*3, 4, 57Math 110, 111
Chemistry3, 4, 53Physical Science
Macroeconomics3, 4, 53Econ 162
Microeconomics3, 4, 53Econ 161
English Language & Comp3, 4, 53English 101
English Literature & Comp3, 4, 53English 101
Environmental Science3, 4, 53Life Science
Comparative Government and Politics3, 4, 53Political Science 110
U.S. Government and Politics3, 4, 53Political Science 110
European History3, 4, 53Social Science
U.S. History3, 4, 53American Institutions
World History3, 4, 53Social Science
Human Geography3, 4, 53Physical Science
Physics B**3, 4, 53Physical Science
Physics C-Mechanics**3, 4, 53Physical Science
Physics C-Electricity and Magnetism**3, 4, 53Physical Science
Psychology3, 4, 53Social Science
Spanish Literature3, 4, 53Humanities
Statistics3, 4, 53Math 252

*Take Calculus AB or BC, not both. Students who receive a score of 2 on the BC exam can request consideration from BYU for the AB credit at the 3 score level.

**Take Physics B or both parts of Physics C.

taking a test
International Baccalaureate (IB)

If you have taken IB courses, Ensign College will award credit for scores of 5, 6, or 7 on IB exams. Specific IB credit is assessed and awarded on a case-by-case basis. You may fill out the Transfer Course Evaluation form to prompt a review of your credit.

College Level Examination Program (CLEP)

Specific CLEP credit is assessed and awarded on a case-by-case basis. You may fill out the Transfer Course Evaluation form to prompt a review of your credit.

Industry Certifications

Specific credit earned by industry certifications is assessed and awarded on a case-by-case basis. You may fill out the Transfer Course Evaluation form to prompt a review of your credit.

Experiential Living

Credit is not given for experiential learning.
Students may earn a maximum of 50% of the credit required for a credential from Ensign College by transfer credit and credit by examination.

Read More
student helping a peer on her laptop

Full Disclosure of Transfer Schools

Failure to submit official transcripts to Ensign College from all institutions you have or are currently attending, both U.S. and international, may result in disciplinary action. This may include dismissal from Ensign College.

Official Transcripts

Official transcripts are transcripts mailed in a sealed envelope from the institution or through a secured electronic transmission. Ensign College cannot evaluate transcripts submitted via any method deemed unsecure by the College.


Ensign College will accept nine (9) credit hours of elective credit and six (6) credit hours of religion from your PathwayConnect experience. Ensign College’s partnership with PathwayConnect provides a wide range of educational and career options.

You may complete any degree or certificate provided by Ensign College, including the Applied Technology - Associate of Science degree or the Associate Science of Integrated Studies. These degrees accommodate Pathway students who want to transfer to BYU-Idaho or other four-year institutions. If you want a more direct career route, choose from any Ensign College certificate program to gain skills that will lead to immediate employment opportunities.

PathwayConnect CourseEnsign College Transfer Guide
GS 120: Pathway Life SkillsElective credit (3)
GS 120L: Pathway English & Life SkillsElective credit (3)
MATH 100G: Personal FinanceElective credit (3)
MATH 100L: English Language and Personal FinanceElective credit (3)
ENG 106: Basic WritingElective credit (3)
ENG 106L: English Language and Basic WritingElective credit (3)
FDREL 275: Teachings & Doctrine of the Book of MormonCornerstone Religion, but not College Religion Residency Hours
FDREL 250: Jesus Christ and the Everlasting GospelCornerstone Religion, but not College Religion Residency Hours
FDREL 200: The Eternal FamilyCornerstone Religion, but not College Religion Residency Hours

PathwayConnect students are encouraged to contact the Student Success Center at 801-524-8151 with any questions.

group of students studying scriptures
Transferring Religion Credit
Religion Credit from BYU, BYU-I and BYU-Hawaii

Religion credit earned at other Church schools can be transferred to Ensign College as an equivalent religion course or elective credit. The course must have been taken for credit and credit noted on an official transcript.

Institute of Religion Courses

Religion credit earned at Church Education System (CES) Institutes of Religion can be transferred to Ensign College as an equivalent religion course or elective credit. The course must have been taken for “Church University” or “BYU” credit and credit noted on your official Institute transcript. However, qualifying Religion credits taken from CES Institutes of Religion do not count as residency religion requirements.

Religion Credit from Other Universities

Coursework in religious studies from any institution other than a Church school or Institute of Religion cannot be applied towards Ensign College religion requirements.


Your transcripts from institutions outside the United States may be given credit at Ensign College on a case-by-case basis. Transfer credit will be considered when a translation/evaluation is submitted from one of the two approved translation services listed below. You should request that the evaluation service send the detail report directly to Ensign College. You'll also need to provide the College with an official copy of your transcripts from the institution you attended.

International Education Research Foundations, Inc.World Education Services, Inc.

P.O. Box 3665

Culver City, CA 90231-3665

Phone: (310) 258-9451


Must request a “Detail Report”

P.O. Box 5087

Bowling Green Station

New York, NY 10274-5087

Phone: (2121) 966-6311


Must request a “CxC Basic”

To request transfer credit from an international college, please complete the Transfer Credit Evaluation form .


The reverse transfer process is intended for those that did not graduate from Ensign College and are no longer eligible to enroll, but wish to transfer courses from another college or university and complete their Ensign College degree. Follow the steps below for a review of your record to determine if you are eligible to apply for graduation:

  1. Complete the Continuing Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement form
  2. Fill out the Reverse Transfer Request form and upload completed Continuing Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement
  3. Send official transcripts to Ensign College

Once all documents have been received, you will be notified within 2 weeks of your eligibility to apply for graduation. If you are approved, you will need to apply for graduation and meet all graduation requirements. Please note that all transfer and graduation policies apply, and degrees are awarded 2-8 weeks after the current term ends.

Questions? Email

Policy: Transfer and Reverse Transfer

Policy: Graduation

TRANSFER FROM Ensign College

In order to make transferring to another school as seamless as possible, Ensign College makes every effort to establish articulation agreements with other colleges and universities. Considering transferring to another college or university after Ensign College? Be sure to review and comply with that institution’s transfer guidelines prior to starting classes.


The Records and Registration office is here to help you with questions about registration, transcripts and class schedules. Our hours are Monday and Friday: 8-5, and Tuesday through Thursday: 8-6. Feel free to contact us at or 801-524-8140 .

Have a question? Our Virtual Assistant may be able to help.