How to Apply
Want to talk to someone about applying to Ensign College? Complete our Interest Form here .
Check out our 2020-2021 Admissions Brochure here .
APPLY NOW! BACK TO ADMISSIONS >
Toggle Item1: Where to applyClick the Apply Now button to get started. When you log in, you will be asked to log in with your Church account. If you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, please be sure to use the account associated with your membership record.
If you do not have a Church account, creating an account is simple, free, and you don't need to be a member of the Church. Just click 'Create an account' on the sign-in screen.
Toggle Item2: Items to have on handBe prepared to provide the following:
- Your Church account associated with your membership record number, if you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If you do not have a Church account, creating an account is simple, free, and you don't need to be a member of the Church. Just click 'Create an account' on the sign-in screen.
- A full educational history, including all colleges and universities you have attended previously, in or outside the United States. Ensign College requires equivalency of high school completion/graduation or completion of at least 24 semester credits of college work.
- Your unweighted high school GPA or other high school equivalency. (Not sure what this is? Check with your high school.) You may also be asked to submit your transcript or evidence of completion of high school equivalency.
- For education completed outside of the United States, please see the section on International Education below for additional instructions.
Toggle Item3: Complete the ecclesiastical endorsement processTo complete the ecclesiastical endorsement, you will need to do the following:
- Review and agree to the honor code. See CES Honor Code for more information.
- If you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, you'll be asked to meet with your bishop as well as a member of your stake presidency. If you are currently serving a mission, you will only need one interview with your mission president. You will initiate this process in the application, and then schedule an appointment with your leaders. They will complete their recommendation online using their Church Account. You will need to meet with the bishop before a member of your stake presidency will have access to your endorsement.
- Not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? You'll still initiate this process in the application, but you can meet with a local Latter-day Saint bishop or your own clergy. If you meet with a Latter-day Saint bishop, they will complete the endorsement online. If you meet with your own clergy, you will need to print the paper form made available when you begin the process at endorse.byu.edu, have your clergy complete it and return it to the Admissions Office or the email address located at the bottom of the form. Afterwards, you’ll meet with our college Chaplain. The Chaplain at Ensign College is Brother Jeffrey Rowland. He can be reached by email at email@example.com . To find a local Latter-day Saint bishop, enter your address into the meetinghouse locator webpage .
Toggle Item4: Submit documents and pay application feeOnly submit documents requested in the application.
An official transcript from each college you attended must be submitted in one (and only one) of the following ways:
- Electronically through Parchment Exchange, National Student Clearinghouse, or SCRIP-Safe
- OR, emailed directly from the institution you attended to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, mailed directly from the institution you attended to the following address: CES Central Processing B-226 ASB Provo, UT 84602
For English Proficiency documentation, see below for more information.
Pay your one-time $35 application fee. If you have already paid this fee to apply to Ensign College, you won’t need to pay it again.
Toggle Item5: Submit your applicationAfter completing the initial application section and you pay the fee, you are welcome to submit your application. Submitting an application does NOT mean that an application is complete. In order for the application to show as complete and be sent to the Admissions Committee for review, all sections on the status page need to be marked complete. Your application needs to be submitted AND completed before the application deadline if you want it reviewed.
Toggle Item6: Admission dates and deadlinesAfter you have completed your application and submitted any required transcripts, test scores, or additional documentation, the Admissions Office at Ensign College will review your material and make a decision. Notifications for admission decisions begin on the date listed here https://www.ensign.edu/admissions-dates-deadlines , but may take an additional two to three weeks after you submit your application.
Toggle Item7: Checking decision statusWatch your email for an admissions notification. You will need to log in to your application to see the official decision.
Toggle Item8: Get your Ensign College Net ID
- If you’re admitted to the college, you’ll receive another email within 24-48 hours that contains your Net ID for Ensign College. This will also become your new Ensign College email. (So, if your assigned Net ID is johndee, your email address will be email@example.com.)
- After admission, all official school communications will be sent to this email address, so be sure to check it often.
Things to keep in mind:
- Ensign College uses a holistic review process, which means that all parts of the application are considered. We admit 91% of all applicants, but do not guarantee admission based solely off of GPA or English Proficiency scores.
- If an applicant has already earned an Associate of Science (AS) or Bachelor’s degree in the U.S., they can only be in a certificate, Associate of Applied Science (AAS), or Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) program. They will not be able to earn a second AS degree. If an applicant has been awarded an Associate of Science degree or Bachelor's degree OUTSIDE of the U.S., and an approved transcript evaluation service has evaluated the degree to be equivalent to a degree received from an U.S. accredited institution, the applicant will still be eligible to apply for any one of Ensign College's Associate of Science degrees or Bachelor of Applied Science degrees.
- All admissions documentation received for an application becomes property of Ensign College and cannot be returned to the applicant.
- *NOTE: All transcripts and financial documents must be received two weeks before the deadline for the semester you are applying. All transcripts and documents received closer to the application deadline may not be processed in time to submit the application.
- If you would like to request an exception to your application, please fill out our Exception to Admission Policy Form here . Note that English Proficiency waivers will only be considered if the rest of the application documents have been received and the application is complete.
EDUCATION COMPLETED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Have you completed your high school/secondary or college education at a non-U.S. accredited institution outside of the United States? This education will need to be evaluated by a transcript evaluation service. We accept evaluations from the following two agencies:
- International Education Research Foundation
- IERF is our preferred agency.
- Be sure to select Ensign College as the recipient as part of your online application.
- Ensign College and other CES schools require the “detail report”.
- View this video for more instructions.
- Follow the instructions to apply for a course analysis of your non-U.S. high school/secondary or college transcripts.
We suggest that you arrange for your academic documents to be submitted to IERF or SpanTran 4-6 weeks before our admission application deadline in order to allow enough time for the company to submit the evaluation to us.
Ensign College requires equivalency of high school completion/graduation or completion of at least 24 semester credits of college work. If you have documentation that shows your high school/secondary or college education completed at a non-U.S. accredited institution outside of the United States, please do not send those documents directly to us unless they are from an accredited U.S. institution. We will discard any international transcripts that are not properly evaluated.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT
You may be required to submit proof of English Proficiency. This requirement may apply to international and U.S. students. This can be met by providing results from one of our accepted tests:
- TOEFL (iBT)
- IELTS (Academic)
- Pearson’s PTE
- Cambridge English – Advanced Placement Test (CAE) or Proficiency Test (CPE)
TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE scores are valid for two years. If the exam expires before the application deadline, a new score will be required. The Cambridge English exams do not expire.
Not sure if you need to provide proof of English Proficiency? Once you complete the School Selection and Profile tabs of the application, the Status tab will indicate whether proof is required.
If the English Proficiency exam is required, you will need to meet the minimum sub scores as shown below. If you don't meet the minimum sub scores the first time, you are encouraged to increase your skills and retest.
Please note that your admission decision will be based on your most recent test scores.
Scores from any of these tests should be sent directly from the testing company that issued the test. To do this, you will need to select Ensign College when you take the test or request an official score report to be sent to us later.
For the TOEFL iBT test, our institution code is 4414.
If you choose to use the IELTS test, applicants must contact the IELTS test center where you took the test to request your official test results. We do not accept unofficial copies of IELTS Test Report Forms from students. An institution code is NOT required. Ensign College is registered to receive IELTS scores using the IELTS Results Service E-Delivery, so please send scores to:
95 North 300 West
Salt Lake City, Utah
Please be sure to register for your exam with your name exactly as it appears on your Ensign College application .
|Subject Area/Sub Scores||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|Cambridge English - Advanced Placement Test (CAE) or Proficiency Test (CPE)||169||169||162||154|
*Effective September 1, 2017, Ensign College does not accept the Michigan MELAB or the Michigan Internexus tests.
APPLICANTS WHO HAVE COMPLETED PATHWAYCONNECT
If you have completed the PathwayConnect program, be sure to include this as college work in your application. Completion of this program does not waive or fulfill any other admission requirements including high school completion and English Proficiency. If you are admitted to the college, readiness testing is still required for all incoming students.
For more information on how your PathwayConnect credit will transfer, please see our PathwayConnect Transfer Guide .
Admitted international students will be required to complete the following steps before an I-20 will be issued:
- Submit a copy of your passport
- Submit an affidavit of support signed by your sponsor
- Provide a bank statement from your sponsor indicating at least $13,000 USD for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and $16,400 for non-members
- Pay the international student deposit*
*Effective Starting Winter 2019 Admits: Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be required to pay $5,000 USD and non-member students $7,500 USD to the Ensign College cashier’s office following notification of their admission. You will not be able to register for classes, nor will the I-20 be created until the deposit is paid and all other documents are received. The registration hold will be removed once all required documents and full deposit are received. There is no option to pay a portion of the deposit. A full deposit is required. The deposit will be held in escrow by Ensign College to assist the student in paying for school. Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints may access up to $3,000 and non-members may access up to $5,500 to be applied towards their fees and tuition. The remaining $2,000, which is set aside for the student as an emergency fund, is for the purchase of a plane ticket to return to their home country.
NEED HELP? WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE?
For questions regarding the application process, please call our Admissions Office at (801) 524-8145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can also schedule a meeting with one of our Outreach & Admissions Counselors below. They can help answer any questions about the College, our programs and our admissions process.