Who Should Apply
The Ensign Ambassador Scholarship is a brand-new scholarship available to students who would like to serve, gain valuable leadership skills, and improve the experience for all Ensign College students. Applicants should have at least a 3.5 GPA and be campus students excited to represent and promote Ensign College, its unique mission, and a culture of discipleship with prospective and current students.
Students must meet all other eligibility requirements mentioned in the Ensign College Scholarship Policy.
Full church member tuition.
Renewable if the student remains eligible and receives committee approval.
1 June – Fall Semester (Applications may be considered after this deadline if positions are still available).
We recommend you review the “Deadlines” tab/menu on the Scholarships page .
Full-time (12+ Credits).
Toggle ItemWhat are the types of Ambassadors, and what are their responsibilities?There are two Ambassador Teams—the Outreach Ambassador Team and the Student Life Ambassador Team. All applicants will complete the general application for the Ambassador Scholarship, and final candidates will be assigned to the team for which their skills and characteristics are best matched.
Students who are selected as Outreach Ambassadors will support the recruiting efforts of the Admissions team. They will work closely with the Admissions team as they do the following:
- Plan and participate in various recruitment activities (i.e., CES firesides, high school visits, etc.)
- Develop a campus visit experience to invite and host students on campus
- Lead campus tours
Students selected as Student Life Ambassadors will have an impact on the campus community as they promote initiatives that enhance student life, build a community of belonging, and cultivate a culture of discipleship through adherence to the honor code and involvement in student activities. Other specific duties include (but may not be limited to):
- Build channels to receive and track student feedback about the student perspective and experience
- Create initiatives that promote belonging, honor code and student life
- Create initiatives that promote a culture of discipleship
Toggle ItemWhat is the application process?Applicants must first apply in the scholarship portal, provide a service & leadership resume, and upload a 2-3 minute video about what they could bring to this role. The Ensign Ambassador Committee will review the applicants and select students to participate in the second round of interviews.
Toggle ItemWhat is expected of the Ambassadors?Ambassador Expectations
- Attend mandatory training retreat prior to the fall semester
- Assist with New Student Orientation
- Host three campus events: Spirit Week (Fall Semester); Honor Week (Winter Semester); Ensign College Event for Prospective Students (Spring Semester)
- Attend 80% of assigned meetings
- Work 2 office hours a week
- Gather student feedback through focus groups, surveys, polls, and daily interactions
- Represent the student perspective as a member of an assigned college council