2023 Graduation & Commencement
Commencement is Friday, April 7th at 10 AM at the Tabernacle on Temple Square
REQUIREMENTS TO RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OR DIPLOMA
- Review your Degree Audit to make sure it’s complete. Contact
Student Success Advising
with any questions.
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0, unless otherwise required.
- Have a current ecclesiastical endorsement.
- Have no holds or past due financial balances with Ensign College.
- Pay the Graduation Fee
- Complete the Graduation Survey
WHEN TO APPLY
You can apply for graduation in the semester you intend to complete your program. For example, if you wish to graduate at the end of winter semester, you can apply when winter registration opens. The application must be submitted by the appropriate deadline:
|Completing Program||Graduation Application Deadline|
|Fall 2022 Semester||November 14, 2022|
|Winter 2023 Semester||March 7, 2023|
|Spring 2023 Semester||June 19, 2023|
1. Apply for graduation through MyEnsign
- Once in MyEnsign, go to Self-Service > Degree Progress/Graduation > Apply for Graduation.
3. Pay $15 graduation fee through the Cashier’s Office (801-524-8153).
AFTER YOU APPLY
Your graduation application is reviewed by the Registrar’s Office. If you are missing any requirements or do not qualify for graduation, you will be contacted through email within a few weeks of the application deadline.
Please check your Ensign College email for updates.
Diplomas are available once requirements and grades are officially verified, usually 4-6 weeks after final grades are posted.
- An electronic version of your diploma will be sent to your assigned Ensign College email address.
- A paper copy is then sent to the address listed with Ensign College within 7-10 business days of the electronic version becoming available. (Timing may vary for international mailing.)
- Your full legal name (middle name included) is printed on the diploma.
- A diploma reprint (which includes both an electronic and paper version) is $10 and can be requested using the
Diploma Reprint Request Form
. A paper copy will then be sent to the address listed on MyEnsign.
Graduate with Honors
You qualify for graduating with Honors if your cumulative GPA is 3.70 or higher. If you meet this GPA requirement, be sure to include an Honors tassel when you order your cap and gown.
For more information please refer to the "Graduation Honors" section of our
GRADUATION: CELEBRATE YOUR ENSIGN SUCCESS
Here are the dates to know for graduation and end-of-semester celebrations!
- Graduation Applications – See ‘When to Apply’ section above.
- Graduation Fair – January 24 - 25, 2023 in the Commons.
- Cap and Gown pickup – Through April 6 in the Student Success Center
- Award Ceremony – April 6, 2023.
- Graduation Celebration – April 6, 2023; 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. in the Summit
- Commencement Graduate Check-in – Friday, April 7th, 8:30 a.m. at the Assembly Hall on Temple Square.
- Commencement Ceremony – Friday, April 7th, 10:00 a.m. at the Tabernacle on Temple Square.
- Students may attend between 9:00am – 11:00am, 1:00pm – 3:00pm, or 5:00pm – 6:30pm in the Commons on both days.
- Cap, gown, and tassel are required for walking at Commencement (April 7, 2023), and are available for purchase at the Grad Fair. Honor Cords will be available for purchase on campus.
- Order your cap and gown from now until Feb. 17, 2023, for guaranteed delivery. They will be available for pick up on the 9th floor from March 27 – Apr 6, 2023.
- After Feb. 17, there is a $15.99 shipping fee.
- Also, be sure to apply for graduation.
Ensign College will be offering career resources and mentoring through Career and Internship Services. Ensign College memorabilia will also be available for purchase. Please note that cap and gown may only be purchased online .
You made it! It's time to celebrate!
Everyone is invited to come celebrate with this year's graduates. Semi-formal dress is encouraged.
- Nacho bar
- Italian sodas
- Good music
- 360 photo booth
Speaker – Elder James W. McConkie III, General Authority Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Broadcast – The Commencement ceremony will be live streamed in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. You can view the livestream by clicking here on the day of the event
Schedule - Doors open at 9:00 a.m. for guests. Please plan on being in your seat by 9:30 a.m. Please do not bring balloons or food to help us maintain a reverent atmosphere inside the Tabernacle.
Accommodations – Headsets will be available in Spanish and Portuguese. If you or your guests need additional accommodations, please contact Grayson Layton at email@example.com .
Parking – Parking is available at Ensign College and City Creek.
Graduate Check-in - April 7, 8:30 a.m., Assembly Hall on Temple Square
There will be signs letting you know where to go when you arrive. Please attend in Sunday attire. All students need to be Honor Code compliant (Men: Clean-shaven, short hair. Women: Modest dress.) Please do not bring coats, bags, purses, balloons, or any personal items. Honor Cords are the only decoration allowed to be worn with your Commencement gown.
Ensign Connect is the online network for Ensign College students and alumni. Alumni can network with other alumni and current students, and use our exclusive job board to post internships and jobs. This job board allows you a “warm introduction” to employment opportunities in our alumni network and with our preferred employer partners.
You can also help mentor the rising generation of Ensign College students by answering their questions, giving them feedback on their resumes, and helping them with their career questions.