Skips to main content

Student Complaints Related to State Authorization

What is State Authorization?

Ensign College is required to be “authorized” to offer educational programs in its home state, as well as in any state in which it offers distance education programs. That authorization indicates that Ensign College meets certain standards under the laws and regulations of those states.

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA)

Ensign College is an approved participant of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA). Participation in SARA allows Ensign College to offer online courses to students in the U.S. jurisdictions that have adopted SARA, including 49 states and the District of Columbia. For additional information on NC-SARA please refer to their website:

SARA Student Complaints

Complaints regarding online courses should be submitted here . If a SARA student feels that a complaint was not resolved to his or her satisfaction, he or she may contact Utah’s State Portal Entity . Students may also file a complaint with their home jurisdiction’s SARA portal agency, using the current contact information available here . Complaints regarding grades or student conduct violations are governed by institution policy and Utah state laws and may not be appealed under SARA.

Complaints from Students in California

Students residing in California (the only non-SARA state) may file a complaint on the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education Complaints website .

Accreditor Complaints

Ensign College’s regional accrediting agency, the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, will consider complaints about Ensign College after all institutional grievance policies have been exhausted, and if the complaint is directly related to accreditation eligibility requirements, standards, and procedures.

Please refer to our Office of Accreditation for more information .

Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
8060 165th Ave. NE
Suite 100
Redmond, WA 98052

Have a question? Our Virtual Assistant may be able to help.

Close Modal